Hikvision IVMS-4200 & Hik-connect
These instructions are meant for use of the Hikvision iVMS-4200 app on Laptop and Desktops which run Windows operating system. Mac users may also find the settings similar, but the interface may look slightly different. If you want to set the app on your mobile phone
1. Download the Hikvision iVMS-4200 software here. If you are our customer, you should already be given the necessary information to start the configuration.
2. Install the Hikvision iVMS-4200 by following the on screen steps.
3. After installing the software, double click to run the software. Register for an account to use the software if you were asked to do so . It is only for the software usage, has nothing to do the CCTV / DVR / NVR / IP Cameras itself. So any new user name and new password will be okay. You are advised to choose the “Auto Login” for your future convenience.
4. Skip the Wizard by clicking “Cancel”.
5. Click “Device Management”
6A. If you are using DDNS/static IP address.
Enter the information which we will give you, something like below. Click “Add” after all the information has been entered. You should be able see the serial number of the device shown up if all information is correct.
6B. If you are using Hik-Connect.
Click “Add New Device Type” first. Then tick the option of “Cloud P2P Device” to enable it on the iVMS-4200.
Now click “Cloud “P2P Device”, choose your country of residence, and login by following the onscreen instructions.
After that, you should be able to see the Hikvision devices you have added to you Hik-Connect account.
7. To watch the Live View, click “Control Panel”, followed by “Main View”. After that, double click the DVR/NVR/IP Cameras you want to view, you should be able to watch the live views now
8. To replay the video records, click “Control Panel”, followed by “Remote Playback”.
After that, choose the start & end time, double click the DVR/NVR/IP Cameras you want to replay the video records, you should be able to replay the video records now.
9. If you want to change the password of the DVR/NVR/IP Camera, go to “Device Management”. Select the device, then click “Remote Configuration”.
The average home owner or prospective user definitely lacks the technical expertise needed to properly identify and choose the CCTV cable that is most suitable for his needs. Consequently, the intervention of a consulting firm that is capable of guiding the prospective clients in making the right decision is therefore by all means necessary.
CCTV home is an example of such a company. It basically tests, evaluates and guides consumers in purchasing the right surveillance equipment. To get started, you can visit our website CCTV home or Contact Us is all that is necessary. A member of its customer care department is always on standby and very eager to receive any incoming inquiries and act on them soonest possible.